Utilising The Martins Group’s concrete manufacturing expertise, SWT Concrete Pits and Grates produce a range of engineer designed concrete pits. All concrete products are manufactured at our own purpose-built precast concrete factory in Smeaton Grange.
SWT Concrete Pits and Grates are suitable for a wide range of applications including storm water, inspection, junction, electrical and sewer.
Riser rings are available in a variety of sizes for all pits. SWT Concrete Pits and Grates will interpret your hydraulic drawings and precast inlets and outlets for detention control pits (DCP). The DCP will arrive onsite ready to connect.
Features of SWT Concrete Pits and Grates
- Pits are wet cast using steel fibre reinforced 40mpa concrete to prevent shattering when knocking out holes
- Steel fibre reinforcing is engineer designed to ensure strength and durability
- Each pit has two swift lift type lifters
- Knock outs on all sides
- Hot dipped galvanised grates have been tested to the requirements of AS3996.2006
- Smooth concrete finish inside and out. No missing chunks, protruding fibres or sharp edges
- Steel bar safety cage
- Manufactured to the highest quality protocols
- Risers available
- Optional precast inlets and outlets to suit your engineer’s requirements
- Delivery and unloading onsite by our crane trucks when required.
Although concrete stormwater pits have no dedicated Australian Standard, BioSeptic holds product certification to both ‘AS/NZS 1546.1 Small septic tank’ and ‘AS/NZS 1546.3 Aerated Wastewater Treatment Systems’ Standards.
The concrete pits are manufactured under the same Quality Assurance procedures as the certified products and we utilise the same materials. All pits are individually wet cast from 40mpa steel fibre reinforced concrete. We are committed to providing the highest level of quality across all its production processes.
“Having used other concrete and fibre-crete pits in the past I find the pits and grates from Sydney Water Tanks far superior to others available on the market today. They are stronger, and able to withstand the general abuse pits normally attract on the building sites better. These pits are harder to penetrate holes in but the negative side of this outweighs the positive aspects.”